|Hair color||Dark Green|
|Height||168 cm (5'6")|
|Weight||44 kg (97 lbs)|
|Occupation||Leader of the Mekakushi Dan|
Mekakushi Dan Member No.1
Alive (Mekakucity Actors, Movie)
Deceased / Inside the Kagerou Daze (Music Route, Manga Route, Novel Route)
|Relatives||Unnamed Mother |
Rin Kido (Older half-sister)
Kenjirou Tateyama (Foster Father)
Ayaka Tateyama (Foster Mother)
Ayano Tateyama (Foster Sister)
Shuuya Kano (Foster Brother)
Kousuke Seto (Foster Brother)
|Manga||01. Jinzou Enemy I|
|Novel||Kagerou Daze -in a daze- (Jinzou Enemy)|
|Anime||Act 01: Jinzou Enemy|
|“||Blindfolding complete.[note 2]||”|
- Kido has black eyes and long green hair that has somewhat messy bangs. She is frequently mistaken for a boy because of her androgynous appearance. She is also noted to have a very pretty face by Momo and Takane. Kido usually wears a red jersey jacket with a zipped up collar underneath a dark, purple-gray hoodie that has a headphone design on on its hood and an iPod button design on the front, along with volume bars on the pocket. Her pants are green with white insides, and the left pant leg is rolled up to signify she's in a gang. Her shoes are mint green converse high tops. In Mekakucity Actors, she ties her hair up in a high ponytail underneath her hood.
- When she was younger, Kido had short hair that ended above her shoulders. When she lived with her biological family, she wore a white blouse with a red ribbon around its collar, a frilly black skirt, thigh highs, and dress shoes. She wears this same outfit in Episode 9 of Mekakucity Actors. Sometimes in the orphanage, she wore a black cap, a black hoodie, white shirt, black shorts and purple sneakers.
- In Summertime Record, she has her hair and hood down and wears what seems to be the same red jersey jacket underneath a green hoodie that opens down to her waist and has sleeves pulled up to her forearms. Her pants are light gray.
- In the short film Kagerou Daze -in a day's-, Kido's hair is once again in a ponytail and has a cowlick at the top of her head. She wears a light purple-gray pullover hoodie with a white drawstring in its hood, white trim and designs around the collar, pockets with a slightly darker trim, sleeves that end at the elbows, and a split ribbed hem. Underneath her jacket, she wears a red undershirt that has what appears to be uncuffed red sleeves that end just below her elbows. Her pants are dark gray with a short splits at the bottom of their inner seams, and she wears red converse high tops.
- As an adult, Kido once again has short hair and wears a white blouse, a purple cardigan, black pants, and black ballerina flats.
- Kido outwardly has a level-headed and mature personality. Although she is naturally kind, she is short-tempered around Kano, who teases her often. Kano jokes that she can appear frightening at first due to her dark expression and "glare-like gaze." Shintaro notes that she is very motherly, and he is also impressed by her ability to stay calm around her friends and by her cooking skills. She is often listening to music through her earphones. Despite her serious exterior, she likes cute things and is scared of rollercoasters, horror, and even shed snake skin. She tries her best to keep up the appearance of a reliable leader and denies her fears when they're apparent.
- In the past, she lived alone with her single mother and only met her biological father at her mother's funeral. After he adopted her, Tsubomi moved to the Kido mansion, where she often felt like she did not belong and wished at times that she could disappear. She did not talk to her father or much of the staff and interacted mostly with her sister, Rin Kido, whom she was also often intimidated by. Though she managed to get closer with her Rin, they both died when their father losing his business and set his mansion on fire, causing them to be swallowed by the Kagerou Daze. There, Kido gained the Snake of Concealing Eyes, which was highly compatible with her wishes.
- Due to her ability, her presence was quite weak, often leading to people unintentionally ignoring her. Afraid that one day she may never be found again, she would be dejected and scared whenever someone appeared startled at seeing her or mentioned being unable to notice her at first. Despite this, she often had a short temper and showed violent tendencies, as she would hit both her foster siblings while in the orphanage, especially when Seto apologized to her or when Kano annoyed her. In present day, she only shows violence towards Kano when he teases or annoys her. While in the orphanage and in the Tateyama household, Kido was generally uninterested in what antics her siblings would participate in. However, that did not mean that she would not join in on their games from time to time.
- After Ayano committed suicide, Kido swore to become stronger so she could support the Mekakushi Dan and learned how to control her ability. To help her "feel" more like a leader, Kano decided that they should start calling each other by their last names since they sound like code names and that she'd be called "Danchou" (Commander). Kido is liked and well-respected by most if not all members of the Mekakushi Dan. She is quick to warn others of danger and will try to protect them, even if this causes her to risk her own life.
- Concealing Eyes (目を隠す Me o Kakusu): Kido's eye ability allows her to divert perception away from certain people and/or objects within 2 meters of themselves, making them difficult to identify and practically invisible. Conversation between hidden people also won't be heard by outsiders despite their volume. Physical contact, however, breaks the effect, so it isn't useful in very crowded places. Along with this vulnerability, if a person outside the 2-meter bubble is familiar with someone being concealed, her power will not be as strong.
Her ability also allows her to conceal her own memories from herself. Azami taught her how to do this in the Kagerou Daze to help her forget certain details of her death and have a somewhat better childhood. 
- Kuusou Forest
- Konoha no Sekai Jijou
- Kisaragi Attention
- Yobanashi Deceive
- Losstime Memory
- Ayano no Koufuku Riron
- Otsukimi Recital
- Outer Science
- Shounen Brave
- Like her foster siblings Seto and Kano, she is referred to by her last name rather than her first name.
- She refers to herself in first person as "ore," a very masculine pronoun, rather than "watashi," which is what most women use in Japanese. Along with this quirk, she refers to people in second person as "omae," which can be considered masculine and rude depending on context. As a child, she used female pronouns.
- Kido used to get extremely irritated at Seto and Kano whenever they used keigo (Japanese honorifics, typically used for politeness/respect) around her. This is from when she lived with her half-sister, Rin, who told her there was no need to be so polite when speaking to her. She made a promise to herself that she would do the same if she ever had any younger siblings. However, she doesn't like using keigo in general as well, likely also due to her past in general.
- Kano, in the Manga Route 2, notes he would have used keigo for Kido if she hadn't asked him not to.
- When they were younger, Seto tried to use it multiple times despite her request and threats, which upset them both and put a strain on their friendship. Seto would eventually stop using keigo once he understood it upset her.
- Her hoodie was a gift from Ayaka so she can hide her eyes when her powers activated.
- Her favorite bands and artists are Oasis, RADIOHEAD, and Shugo Tokumaru.
- Although she does not like flashy clothing, Kano has mentioned that she owns a frilly skirt somewhere.
- Her outfit was based on the lyrics of her song, Mekakushi Code, by her character designer Sidu.
- '"Mekakushi Completion... Do it!"
- "Not what I hate, but what I like...? Eh... hi-" - (Children Record Booklet)