|Snake of Retaining Eyes|
|Rōmaji||Me ni Yakitsukeru Hebi|
|Height||155 cm (5'1")|
|Weight||43 kg (94 lbs)|
|Occupation||Snake of Retaining Eyes|
Founder of the Mekakushi Dan
Mekakushi Dan Member No.0
|Ability||Favoring Eyes (formerly)|
|Status||Shintaro's Eye Ability|
|Relatives||Kenjirou Tateyama (Father) |
Ayaka Tateyama (Mother)
Hiyori Asahina (Aunt)
Shuuya Kano (Foster Brother)
Tsubomi Kido (Foster Sister)
Kousuke Seto (Foster Brother)
|Manga||25. Shounen Brave II|
|Novel||Kagerou Daze III -the children reason-|
|Anime||Act 01: Jinzou Enemy|
The Snake of Retaining Eyes (目に焼き付ける蛇 Me ni Yakitsukeru Hebi), formerly Ayano Tateyama (楯山 文乃 Tateyama Ayano) / Ayano (アヤノ), is a snake created by Marry Kozakura for Shintaro Kisaragi in Manga Route 2.
Her purpose was so Shintaro would "never forget this tragedy" and allows him to remember routes he experiences. She observes everything Shintaro does, and will occasionally communicate with him.
- The Snake of Retaining Eyes is a girl with long brown hair, with two red clips attached to her left fringe. Her eyes are dark brown, wears a white dress, and wears a scarf until handing it to Shintaro. She appears in her school uniform in Mekakucity Actors and Losstime Memory.
- The daughter of a teacher, Kenjirou, and an archaeologist, Ayaka, Ayano was the founder and first leader of the Mekakushi Dan. Her member number at the time was "0".
- After the death of her parents and gaining her eye ability, she wanted Marry to die and wished she never had met them. This alienated her from Kido, Kano, Seto, and Marry, and she then lived on her own. Unlike other routes, she did not know Shintaro before the story but still ends up falling for him.
- Favoring Eyes: (目をかける Me wo Kakeru) Her eye ability allows her to project thoughts and memories to others, which she refers to as "the power of caring". She presumably loses this snake after becoming one herself otherwise Marry wouldn't have been able to rewind time.
- It's possible that Manga Route 2 is set before Route 1, as a dream sequence of Ayano appears in 18. Kagerou Daze I much like how she appears in Mekakucity Actors.
- Her favorite character is Noriaki Kakyoin from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
- It was confirmed by Jin that Ayano was Mekakushi Dan member No.0, as she was the original founder.
- In the Children Record Booklet it is stated that Ayano has black hair. However, she has never been shown with black, but instead always dark brown hair.
- She used to wear her hair clips in a cross shape when she was younger, then wore them parallel as she got older. The way her hair clips are placed may be to resemble her mother, Ayaka.
- The Snake of Retaining Eyes is the first character to appear in the anime.
- to be added