|Snake of Retaining Eyes|
|Rōmaji||Me ni Yakitsukeru Hebi|
|Height||155 cm (5'1")|
|Weight||43 kg (94 lbs)|
|Occupation||Snake of Retaining Eyes|
Founder of the Mekakushi Dan
Mekakushi Dan Member No.0
|Ability||Favoring Eyes (formerly)|
Disappeared (Mekakucity Actors)
Becomes Snake (Manga Route)
Shintaro's Eye Ability (Novel Route)
|Relatives||Kenjirou Tateyama (Father) |
Ayaka Tateyama (Mother)
Hiyori Asahina (Aunt)
Tsubomi Kido (Foster Sister)
Kousuke Seto (Foster Brother)
Shuuya Kano (Foster Brother)
|Manga||25. Shounen Brave II|
|Novel||Kagerou Daze III -the children reason-|
|Anime||Act 01: Jinzou Enemy|
The Snake of Retaining Eyes (目に焼き付ける蛇 Me ni Yakitsukeru Hebi), formerly Ayano Tateyama (楯山 文乃 Tateyama Ayano) / Ayano (アヤノ), is a snake created by Marry Kozakura for Shintaro Kisaragi in Manga Route 2.
Her purpose was so Shintaro would "never forget this tragedy" and allows him to remember routes he experiences. She observes everything Shintaro does, and will occasionally communicate with him.
- The Snake of Retaining Eyes is a girl with long brown hair, with two red clips attached to her left fringe. Her eyes are dark brown, and she wears a white dress and a red scarf until she gives it to Shintaro at the end of Manga Route 2. She appears in her middle school's winter uniform without her scarf in Mekakucity Actors and Losstime Memory.
- The daughter of a teacher, Kenjirou, and an archaeologist, Ayaka, Ayano was the founder and first leader of the Mekakushi Dan. Her member number at the time was "0".
- After repeatedly witnessing Azami's past in the Kagerou Daze, gaining her eye ability, and sequentially seeing her parents' bodies, she concludes that Marry is the source of her family's suffering and that she must die. This causes Kido, Kano, Seto, and Marry to move out from their family home, and she then lived there on her own.
- Unlike in other routes, she did not know Shintaro before he meets the Dan. She acted coldly towards him at first, as she believed he was uninvolved with the Kagerou Daze.
- Favoring Eyes: (目をかける Me wo Kakeru) While she was still human, her eye ability allowed her to project her feelings, thoughts, and memories to others. She refers to this ability as "the power of caring". She presumably loses this eye ability after becoming one herself.
- It's possible that Manga Route 2 is set before Route 1, as a dream sequence of Ayano appears in 18. Kagerou Daze I much like how she appears in Mekakucity Actors.
- Her favorite character is Noriaki Kakyoin from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
- It was confirmed by Jin that Ayano was Mekakushi Dan member No.0, as she was the original founder.
- In the Children Record Booklet it is stated that Ayano has black hair. However, she has dark brown hair in most medias.
- She used to wear her hair clips in a cross shape when she was younger, then wore them parallel as she got older. The way her hair clips are placed may be to resemble her mother, Ayaka.
- The Snake of Retaining Eyes is the first character to appear in the anime and is seen talking to Shintaro.
- to be added