|Height||172 cm (5'8")|
|Weight||58 kg (127 lbs)|
|Occupation||Mekakushi Dan Member No.7|
Alive (Manga Route, Mekakucity Actors, Movie)
Deceased / Inside the Kagerou Daze (Music Route, Novel Route)
|Relatives||Unnamed Grandfather |
Momo Kisaragi (Younger Sister)
|Manga||01. Jinzou Enemy I|
|Novel||Kagerou Daze -in a daze-|
|Anime||Act 01: Jinzou Enemy|
|“||I'm really sorry! Please forgive me! I didn't know the download was illegal!||”|
Shintaro Kisaragi (如月 伸太郎 Kisaragi Shintarō) / Shintaro (シンタロー Shintarō) is the main protagonist and the seventh member of the Mekakushi Dan. He became a shut-in NEET after finding out that his best friend, Ayano, had committed suicide. He is also the older brother of Momo.
- Shintaro is a young man with short black hair and brown eyes. In Route 1, he wears a red jersey jacket which features white stripes on its sleeves over a black v-neck T-shirt with light brown pants. On his feet at home, he normally wears a pair of red slippers with gray socks. Outside, he wears a pair of red sneakers with a black trim. In Route XX he wears a black pullover with gray pants.
- Back in middle school, he normally wore a common black gakuran uniform with a white shirt underneath.
- In Summertime Record, Shintaro is seen wearing an alternate outfit in the end like many of the other Dan members; he is wearing a white v-neck and black pants with the same red jacket over that. His shoes are red with a white trim. 
- Shintaro is a NEET and a young man with an IQ of 168. His IQ enables him to have something similar to photographic memory, so he could remember anything and everything, which is a benefit with thorns. Since everything in the world seemed to have obvious answers, Shintaro had an apathetic personality. He is also very fidgety, even in present-day. After Ayano's death, he began to regret losing her, trying to understand her true feelings of why she leaped off of the building. Later on, after two years had passed, he became hopelessly addicted to the internet and even states that he would die without it.. He forces himself to remember Ayano and is afraid of forgetting her, because of this he purposely avoids contact with people and refused to move forward.
- Although he was arrogant and selfish during middle school, he changed drastically after becoming a NEET. Since he is actually very weak, Ene's presence was so overwhelming that he could not do anything but accept her.
- Retaining Eyes: (目に焼き付ける Me ni Yakitsukeru) Shintaro's eye ability, given to him by Marry after promising long ago to "never forget this tragedy", allows him to remember everything he sees. When his ability is fully activated, he is able to remember the events of past routes and speak with the Snake of Retaining Eyes. In Manga Route 2, it's revealed that Ayano traded her life to give Shintaro this ability.
- Mekakushi Code
- Konoha no Sekai Jijou
- Kisaragi Attention
- Ayano no Koufuku Riron
- Otsukimi Recital
- Yuukei Yesterday
- Outer Science
- He currently lives in Kashiwa City, in the Chiba prefecture of Japan.[note 1][note 2][note 3] His and Momo's mother is from the Hokkaido region of Japan.[note 4][note 5]
- His favorite manga is Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne.
- Haruka was the person that introduced soda to Shintaro. 
- He actually wrote a lot of lyrics, but despite his plans to write songs he never finished any song before the one mentioned in the manga, which Ene threatened to delete.
- He owns a female pet bunny named Tono, as seen in the manga and Losstime Memory. Tono translates to "My Lord".
- He has a Vocaloid and probably knows English because he is seen using the Vocaloid Editor in English.
- Shintaro's standard online password is 4510471, a Japanese wordplay that translates to "I don't work" (4-5-10-4-7-1, when read with different forms of Japanese number reading, is pronounced shi-go-to'o-shi-na-i, the same as 仕事をしない).
- Unlike the other media, in the anime, he lives on his own in an apartment with Ene.
- He is surprisingly cheap, as he carries around a pouch of 1￥ coins (around 1¢ USA money).
- In Toumei Answer, there are implications that Shintaro was depressed during middle school. In The Old Days, the drama CD included inside the daze / days single, it is implied that his loneliness prior to meeting Ayano is a significant contributing factor to his depression and also his personality.
- According to Jin, his father wanted to name him "Momotaro", but his mother disagreed strongly so his name was changed to "Shintaro".
- Shintaro is the second character to appear in the anime.
- He and Momo also have an unnamed grandfather, referred to in Kagerou Daze VI -over the dimension-:
- (in Shintaro's POV): This was the sound used on TV shows to represent someone's pulse. Some kind of EKG ...? I had heard it who knows how many times before. When my grandfather was admitted to the hospital. When my sister almost drowned in the sea. That, and one other time.
- His gamer username is shown to be Red_S_7 in the 2019 gamer merchandise.
- "Please, I beg you… ENE! - (Disintegration Book)
- "The warmth of the sunlight was like what I felt the times I dozed at the classroom window seat, and it seemed as if "that familiar voice" was talking to me." - (-in a daze- novel)