|Music and lyrics||Jin|
|Sung by||Hatsune Miku|
|“||The story that permeates eyes.||”|
—Jin's Song Introduction
Remind Blue (リマインドブルー Rimaindo Burū) is the seventh song featured on the album Mekakucity Reload.
- This song does not (yet) have an official music video.
- Remind Blue has parts of Summertime Record that Jin hadn’t been able to write about. The song Remind Blue was "supposed to be" Shintaro Kisaragi's song, but the lyrics turned out as something that applies to everyone.
- (According to Jin, Kousuke Seto has his own Remind Blue, and it might be that Shuuya Kano thinks the same things.)
- As a result of Jin's definition of "friends", which is "we think alike even without saying anything", it ended up becoming a song about the whole Mekakushi Dan.
- There are moments in which I get startled when people say, ‘You’re already an adult, after all’. Even though the environments where we’re born and raised, our talents and our features are different for each of us, at some point in time, we start being treated as ‘adults’ all alike. It’s a frustrating story. Because, before I realized it, I’d ended up growing into an ‘adult’, something that I didn’t want to become. However, one thing catches my attention. Despite my turning into an adult, there isn’t much difference from my childhood days. Today, too, I am thinking of reading manga, gaming and fooling around. I wonder what changed between my ‘child self’ and my ‘adult self’. I’d said there wasn’t much difference, but come to think of it, there’s just one thing. For some reason, I’ve come to reminisce to the ‘past’ awfully often. The protagonist of this song, too, suddenly recalls the past on a certain day upon becoming an adult. ‘Back to the day that was so bright I cried.’ Would you, who also became an ‘adult’, take a short detour along with this song as well?
|滲んだ帰り道 斜陽に凪いだ歩道||nijinda kaerimichi shayō ni naida hodō|
|徐に歩調を速めて||omomuroni hochō o hayamete|
|遅れない様に 惑わない様に||okurenai yō ni madowanai yō ni|
|視線に染まって||shisen ni somatte|
|また流されて 離れていく||mata nagasarete hanarete iku|
|浮かんだ八月に 祭囃子の音||ukanda hachi gatsu ni matsuribayashi no oto|
|瑠璃色に 霞んだ坂道||ruri iro ni kasunda sakamichi |
|忘れない様に 零さない様に||wasurenai yō ni kobosanai yō ni |
|頼りない記憶が ずっと瞬いている||tayorinai kioku ga zutto mabataiteiru|
|今になって 思い出すんだ||ima ni natte omoidasu n'da|
|君の歌った 「大人が嫌いな歌」を||kimi no utatta "otona ga kiraina uta" o|
|青い影 笑い声 切なさも全部||aoi kage waraigoe setsunasa mo zenbu|
|夏枯れたままで 心に遺った||natsugare tama made kokoro ni nokotta|
|淡い未来の色も まだ解らない||awai mirai no iro mo mada wakaranai|
|あの日から僕らは 大人ぶったままだ||ano hi kara bokura wa otonabutta mama da|
|蝉時雨、追い掛け 行き着いた「今日」も||semishigure, oikake ikitsuita "kyō" mo|
|思い思いの色を 探してた「昨日」も||omoiomoi no iro o sagashiteta "kinō" mo|
|通り過ぎて行くよ 夕焼け空と一緒に||tōrisugiteiku yo yūyake sora to issho ni|
|変わらない様に 離さない様に||kawaranai yōni hanasanai yōni|
|結んだ手が スッと解けて||musunda te ga su to tokete|
|終わった八月に 二つ、影の模様||owatta hachigatsu ni futatsu, kage no moyō|
|覚束無い記憶に ずっと佇んでいる||obotsukanai kioku ni zutto tatazundeiru|
|潤んだ目も 乾かさないまま||urunda me mo kawakasanai mama|
|君は笑った 「さよなら」って 寂しそうに||kimi wa waratta "sayonara" tte sabishisō ni|
|片蔭り 通り雨 言えなかった想いを||kata kage ri tōriame ienakatta omoi o|
|つまらない言葉で 心に隠した||tsumaranai kotoba de kokoro ni kakushita|
|西明かりの色が まだ蘇る||nishi akari no iro ga mada yomigaeru|
|空回りの僕らは すれ違ったままだ||karamawari no bokura wa surechigatta mama da|
|苦笑い、繰り返し 知りすぎた「今日」を||nigawarai, kurikaeshi shirisugita "kyō" o|
|思い思いの術で 「明日」に託して||omoiomoi no jutsu de "ashita" ni takushite|
|通り過ぎていくのかな 勘違いと一緒に||tōrisugiteiku no ka na kanchigai to issho ni|
|解夏 噴井の音色||kai natsu no neiro|
|アケビ 線路 炎陽||akebi senro honoo|
|まだ僕はきっと 大人ぶったままで||mada boku wa kitto otonabutta mama de|
|掠れない気持ちを 抱えたままで||kasurenai kimochi o kakaeta mama de|
|青嵐の音が 大人しくなって||aoarashi no oto ga otonashiku natte|
|夕涼みの歌が 懐かしくなった||yūsuzumi no uta ga natsukashiku natta|
|青い影 笑い声 「さよなら」の季節は||aoi kage waraigoe "sayonara" no kisetsu wa|
|繰り返すうちに 遠い過去になって||kurikaesu uchini tōi kako ni natte|
|届かない処へ 遥か遠のく||todokanai tokoro e haruka tōnoku|
|残された僕らは 変わらないから||nokosareta bokura wa kawaranai kara|
|急ぎ足の帰り道も 蜃気楼になって||isogiashi no kaerimichi mo shinkirō ni natte|
|眩しくって泣いてた あの日に戻って||mabushikutte naiteta ano hini modotte|
|遠回りをしよう 昨日の僕と一緒に||tōmawari o shiyou kinō no boku to issho ni|
The hazy path back home,
The still pavement under the setting sun,
My footsteps gradually speed up.
“So that I’m not too late,”
“So that I don’t lead somebody else astray…”
Something flashes before my eyes before drifting away from me
And out of sight once again.
The month of august surfaces,
Along with the sound of festival music.
The road up the hill, blurred in a shade of ultramarine.
“So that I don’t forget,”
“So that it doesn’t overflow and spill…”
My memories, though unreliable, keep on flickering before my eyes.
It’s been so long, but I’m finally remembering now,
That song you used to sing —
The one the adults always hated to hear.
The dark blue shadows, the sound of our laughter,
Even the sorrow we felt back then.
Though withered by heat of summer,
They all remain in my heart still.
Since those days, before we even
Knew of the faint colours of our future,
We’ve been pretending to be adults this whole time.
The “today” we chased after the sound of cicadas to arrive at,
The “yesterday” where we were all searching to obtain our own colours.
We pass both of them by,
Along with the sky dyed in the sunset.
“So that this never changes,”
“So that we don’t ever let go…”
Our joined hands are suddenly separated.
The month of August has now ended,
Though its shadow seems to have doubled.
And still, I continue to linger in my uncertain memories.
Without wiping your teary eyes,
You laughed, and said in a sorrowful voice —
“I guess this is goodbye.”
The shadows cast by the summer sun, the passing rain showers.
Those feelings I wanted to say but couldn’t.
I swapped them with boring words,
And locked them in my heart.
The colour of the light setting in the west is revived once more,
No matter how hard we try,
We brush past each other again, still unable to meet.
“Today” we put on the same tired smile, because we now know too much.
We’ve all entrusted our everything into our own “tomorrows.”
I wonder if we’ll pass them both by,
Along with all our misunderstandings.
The sound of the end of summer,
A roadway covered in vines, and the heat-haze.
As if it’s suffocating, as if it’s beginning to waver…
We’re still pretending to be adults, I’m sure of it —
Still holding onto these feelings that remain untouched.
The roar of the wind goes quiet…
As the melody of the evening cool becomes nostalgic to me…
The dark blue shadows, the sound of our laughter.
As the season of goodbyes
Loops again and again,
It becomes a part of the distant past.
As they grow further and further away,
To a place we cannot reach —
Left behind here, we will never change.
The path home that I was hurrying down is now just an illusion,
So let’s return to that day, when everything was so bright we cried.
Why don’t we take a detour?
Along with the me of “yesterday.”
- When the song was first revealed, it was speculated (before Jin's later confirmation) to potentially be a male singer due to the potential use of the Japanese pronoun "boku" (僕), which can be used by males. Users of "boku" included Hibiya Amamiya, Kousuke Seto, Shuuya Kano, Haruka Kokonose, and Konoha.
- The song was also speculated to be Kousuke Seto's due to a line translating roughly to "a roadway covered in vines".
- However, Jin would later confirm it relates to and is about, or can be considered about, all of the Dan.
- In the same line as "a roadway covered in vines", the "heat-haze" ("kagerou") is also mentioned. ("The sound of the end of summer, a roadway covered in vines, and the heat-haze. As if it's suffocating, as if it’s beginning to waver...")
- It was voted as the #29 Kagerou Project song in the KagePro Song Popularity Ranking 2019.