|Music and lyrics||Jin|
|Illustrations and Movie||Sidu|
Snake of Clearing Eyes
|Uploaded||August 31, 2013|
|NND Link||Niconico Broadcast|
|YT Link||YouTube Broadcast|
|“||The story of the eyes saying as much as the mouth.[note 1]||”|
—Jin's Song Introduction
Outer Science (アウターサイエンス Autā Saiensu) is the fourteenth song of the series, featured on the album Mekakucity Records.
- Outer Science features the end of the Music Route. The Snake of Clearing Eyes's original plan to reunite all the new snakes with a new Medusa in the real world has failed because Ayano had entered the Kagerou Daze, claimed the Snake of Favoring Eyes and remained there. The Snake of Clearing Eyes has posssessed Konoha, resulting in Kenjirou's death and changing Konoha's appearance into a black, gray, and yellow color scheme. He begins his new plan to kill those who received a snake to force Marry Kozakura to rewind the world.
- The snake, in Konoha's body, mocks its former master, Azami, who is trapped in the Kagerou Daze and powerless without her snakes. She watches the Mekakushi Dan's Tragedy begin and calls it a "loathsome tale". Centuries ago, the Snake of Clearing Eyes had tricked Azami into creating the Kagerou Daze, which "swallows dead hearts" and "gouges out eyes".
- The Snake of Clearing Eyes welcomes Marry to the birth of the Tragedy. Marry cries that she does not want this, but the Snake of Clearing Eyes tells her to accept her fate to become a new "monster" and the next "master".
- Once more, the snake ridicules Azami for how the story of her life went and that how she carelessly fell into love. He laughs out loud, calling her foolish.
- The snake addresses Marry again by rhetorically asking her if she has the Snake of Combining Eyes, also known as the "Queen Snake", which was given to her long ago by her grandmother, Azami, to save her life. The Snake of Combining Eyes makes her absorb the snakes of those that died and, with enough snakes, allows her to alter the Kagerou Daze and the world itself. He calls her the "Queen of this Tragedy" and bows to her mockingly.
- The snake, in Konoha's body, approaches the Mekakushi Dan. Kido, Kano, Seto and Momo stand protectively in front of Marry, but the Snake of Clearing Eyes easily overpowers and kills them with force and guns, and he also kills Hibiya by pushing him towards an oncoming truck. He sits above Kenjirou's lifeless body and grins at Marry, the last survivor. Not wanting to live in a world without her friends, Marry gives in to the snake's deliberate provocations and wishes with the power of Combining Eyes to rewind the world. The Snake of Clearing Eyes, knowing that this will happen over and over again, proclaims that he will continue sneering.
Mekakucity Records Booklet
- “This story isn't fictional.
- And that’s why all of your ‘tragedies’
- Are so stupid that it makes me yawn.”
- Just like how when children are told by adults, “That’s so immature,”
- There are times when people are looked down on from above.
- Even if children view it as something grand and magnificent,
- To the adults, it seems lacking and worthless.
- However, imagine that there is an existence that looks down at those adults in the same way.
- This is the song of a monster that overlooks everything.
- People’s lives, hearts, meetings, memories, deaths—
- He looks down on it all, as if they are “stupid” events in a book.
- What if that existence started influencing someone’s everyday life to merely kill time?
- Please enjoy this helplessly unfolding tragedy.
Lyrics & Translation
||Chiisaku mijime ni ikita seimei ga|
||Shinde wa DOA o tataku deshou|
||Chiisa na aruji wa mikaneru|
||"Iya na hanashi da"|
||Ookiku hirogaru nodo to doutai wa|
||Shinda kokoro o tokasu you ni|
||Yukkuri inochi o nomikomi|
||Me o kurinuku|
||Nee, kimi mo inocchattan deshou|
||Boku ni niramareta toki ni sa|
||Sonna hisouseishin ga|
||Youkoso waga tainai e|
||Ai to ego e no shuuchakuten|
||Kimi mo sugu ni umarekawareru|
||Kaibutsu mitai de suteki na koto deshou?|
||"Aa, kamisama nande" tte|
||"Mou iya da yo" to naitatte|
||Ukeirero yo, kore wa sadame da|
||Tsugi no tsugi no tsugi no nushi ni kenmei shiyou|
||Shinwa mo inochi mo hito no unmei mo|
||Ukkari koi ni ochiru no mo|
||Hissori hebi wa waraidasu|
||"Baka na koto da"|
||Aa, nandai nandai mou tamaranai ne|
||Kusunda kokoro o neburu no wa|
||Chiisana inochi ni toritsuki|
||Me o umekomu|
||Aa, kimi ni yadocchattan deshou|
||Me o awaseru nouryoku de sa|
||Kimi ga kono higeki no|
||Oukashiro yo seimei yo|
||Ai to ego no gasshousai|
||Yureru hibi mo kuzurehajimeru|
||"Hajime no higeki" e ashinamiawasete|
||"Kaeshite" to nageitatte|
||"Mou iya da yo" to naitatte|
||Shiru koto ka yo, sore ga sadame da|
||Hidoku moroku chachi na hibi wa shoumei darou|
||Nante baka na seimei wa|
||Nando demo aragatte|
||Onaji hibi e modorihajimeru|
||Mubou ni buzama ni|
|泣いて 哭いて 啼いて 綯いて
||Naite naite naite naite|
||Aa, buzama na seimei yo|
||"Nande?" da no to iu mae ni|
||Motomesugita tsumi ni kashizuke|
||Utsuro na kiseki ga hajiketekuzurete|
||"Mou nandaka ii ya" tte|
||Nando mo tada naitatte|
||Owari sura mo jiki ni usureru|
||Tsugi no tsugi no tsugi ni kuru |
||Tsugi no tsugi no hi o|
||Tsugi no tsugi no tsugi mo choushou shiyou|
A life lived puny and miserably;
Once dead, should it not knock at the door?
The little master watches attentively;
"What loathsome tales."
A large-reaching throat and body,
As if dissolving a dead heart,
Slowly gulp down life,
Gouging out eyes...
Say, you wished for it too, didn't you?
In that moment I glared at you...
Such tragic souls
Are my favorite meal...
Welcome to my womb,
Love and ego's final destination
You too will soon be born anew;
Is it not fantastic, to be like a monster?
"Oh, god, why?", hm?
"I don't want it," you cry
Merely accept it - this is fate!
The next, next, next master, I eagerly await...
Myths, lives, the destinies of people,
Even carelessly falling in love...
The quiet snake laughs loud:
"Such foolish things."
Ahh, I just can't seem to get enough
Of tasting their darkened hearts;
Possessing their little lives,
Embedding in their eyes...
Ahh, it dwells in you, does it not?
The ability (fate) of meeting (unifying) eyes...
Indeed, in this tragedy,
You are the "queen"...
Lives, give praise;
As love and ego press hands together,
The shaking days begin to crumble,
And toward the initial tragedy, they pace together...
"Give it back," you lament
"I've had enough," you wail
You think I care? That is fate!
This terrible, brittle, puny story is the real thing!
How idiotic are your lives...
Time and time again, you resist,
Beginning to revert to the same old story,
Crying, weeping, howling, writhing...
Ahh, what unsightly lives!
Before you even ask "Why?"
You demand too much - serve for your crime!
A hollow miracle snaps and crumbles...
"I, I don't even care anymore";
Again and again, you just sit and cry
As even the end immediately fades,
The next, the next, the next to come,
At the next, and the next day,
And the next, and the next, I'll still sneer...
- It was voted as the #5 Kagerou Project song in the KagePro Song Popularity Ranking 2019.
- The music video depicts the world rewinding by showing these events: Momo and Seto standing protectively in front of Marry (likely before the Snake of Clearing Eyes's attack), high schoolers Takane and Shintaro arguing while Haruka and Ayano stand behind them, a younger Hiyori smiling and showing Hibiya a crayfish, Ayaka scolding a dozing Kenjirou, Shion reading Marry a book, Azami walking with Tsukihiko and a toddler-aged Shion, and lastly a slumbering Azami, who has yet to open her eyes for the first time.
- This segment reveals that whenever Marry rewinds, it is to the world's beginning with Azami.
- This segment also reveals that Hibiya and Hiyori were friends earlier in their childhoods.
- While Shintaro and Ene are seen in the visuals of the music video, they are not shown in the scene when the Snake of Clearing Eyes kills the Mekakushi Dan. This is because the Music Route depicts the events of Route XX, where Shintaro kills Ene and himself.
- In the scene where the the Snake of Clearing Eyes kills the Mekakushi Dan, only Hibiya and Kenjirou are colored with their character colors (cyan and brown). Notably, they, besides Konoha, are the only characters who have been possessed by the Snake of Clearing Eyes.