|Music and lyrics||Jin (Shizen no Teki-P)|
|Illustrations and Movie||Sidu|
Snake of Clearing Eyes
|Uploaded||August 31, 2013|
|NND Link||Niconico Broadcast|
|YT Link||YouTube Broadcast|
|“||The story of the eyes saying as much as the mouth.||”|
—Jin's Song Introduction
Outer Science (アウターサイエンス Autā Saiensu) is the fourteenth song of the series, featured on the album Mekakucity Records.
- Outer Science features the end of the "Bad End" route, also known as Route XX. It takes places after the goal to combine the snakes and create a new medusa in the real world is prevented by Ayano Tateyama, who gained a snake but did not leave the Kagerou Daze again. The Snake of Clearing Eyes possesses Konoha, turning into Black Konoha, planning to kill those who received a snake and force Marry Kozakura to reset the timeline.
- The snake is seen in the body of Dark Konoha, together with Azami, its former "master", who is powerless to do anything against the snake, due to the loss of her power to combine the snakes and take back the order for the Kagerou Daze to bring in anyone who died on August 15.
- It proceeds to ridicule her, Marry, and Kenjirou, his "next master", for their foolish wish to keep living with the ones dear to them. Realizing the situation, Marry starts to cry and to wonder why the deaths of her friends have to repeat all over again. Once more, the snake makes fun of Azami for how the story of her life went, and that she even carelessly allowed herself to fall in love, causing the snake to laugh out loud.
- Being obsessed with the thought of following its master's wish and creating a new medusa in the real world with the power of the snakes, the snake addresses Marry once more, rhetorically asking her about her power of Combining Eyes, which allows her to combine all the snakes and control the Heat Haze, a power her grandmother gave her via the Queen Snake in order to save her life.
- The snake approaches the Mekakushi Dan while possessing the body of Konoha, taking one life after another, until only Marry is left. Kenjirou as well is seen dead on the floor in front of the snake. Not wanting to live in a world without her friends, Marry gives in to the snake's deliberate provocations and uses the power of Combining Eyes to reset the timeline, causing another route of the story to start.
- “This story isn't fictional.
- And that’s why all of your ‘tragedies’
- Are so stupid that it makes me yawn.”
- Just like how when children are told by adults, “That’s so immature,”
- There are times when people are looked down on from above.
- Even if children view it as something grand and magnificent,
- To the adults, it seems lacking and worthless.
- However, imagine that there is an existence that looks down at those adults in the same way.
- This is the song of a monster that overlooks everything.
- People’s lives, hearts, meetings, memories, deaths—
- He looks down on it all, as if they are “stupid” events in a book.
- What if that existence started influencing someone’s everyday life to merely kill time?
- Please enjoy this helplessly unfolding tragedy. (Mekakucity Records Booklet)
Lyrics & Translation
|矮小く惨めに生きた生命が||Chiisaku mijime ni ikita seimei ga|
|死んではドアを叩くでしょう||Shinde wa DOA o tataku deshou|
|小さな主は見兼ねる||Chiisa na aruji wa mikaneru|
|「嫌な話だ」||"Iya na hanashi da"|
|大きく広がる喉と胴体は||Ookiku hirogaru nodo to doutai wa|
|死んだ心を溶かすように||Shinda kokoro o tokasu you ni|
|ゆっくり命を飲み込み||Yukkuri inochi o nomikomi|
|目を刳り貫く||Me o kurinuku|
|ねえ 君も祈っちゃったんでしょう||Nee, kimi mo inocchattan deshou|
|僕に睨まれた時にさ||Boku ni niramareta toki ni sa|
|そんな悲壮精神が||Sonna hisouseishin ga|
|ようこそ 我が胎内へ||Youkoso waga tainai e|
|愛とエゴへの終着点||Ai to ego e no shuuchakuten|
|君もすぐに生まれかわれる||Kimi mo sugu ni umarekawareru|
|怪物みたいで素敵なことでしょう？||Kaibutsu mitai de suteki na koto deshou?|
|「ああ 神様なんで」って||"Aa, kamisama nande" tte|
|「もういやだよ」と泣いたって||"Mou iya da yo" to naitatte|
|受け入れろよ これは運命だ||Ukeirero yo, kore wa sadame da|
|次の次の次の主に懸命しよう||Tsugi no tsugi no tsugi no nushi ni kenmei shiyou|
|神話も命も人の運命も||Shinwa mo inochi mo hito no unmei mo|
|うっかり恋に落ちるのも||Ukkari koi ni ochiru no mo|
|ひっそり蛇は笑い出す||Hissori hebi wa waraidasu|
|「馬鹿な事だ」||"Baka na koto da"|
|あぁ、なんだいなんだいもう溜まらないね||Aa, nandai nandai mou tamaranai ne|
|くすんだ心を 舐るのは||Kusunda kokoro o neburu no wa|
|小さな命に取り付き||Chiisana inochi ni toritsuki|
|目を埋め込む||Me o umekomu|
|ああ 君に宿っちゃったんでしょう||Aa, kimi ni yadocchattan deshou|
|目を合体させる（合わせる）運命（能力）でさ||Me o awaseru nouryoku de sa|
|君がこの悲劇の||Kimi ga kono higeki no|
|謳歌しろよ生命よ||Oukashiro yo seimei yo|
|愛とエゴの合掌際||Ai to ego no gasshousai|
|揺れる日々も 崩れ始める||Yureru hibi mo kuzurehajimeru|
|「始めの悲劇」へ足並み合わせて||"Hajime no higeki" e ashinamiawasete|
|「返して」と嘆いたって||"Kaeshite" to nageitatte|
|「もう嫌だよ」と哭いたって||"Mou iya da yo" to naitatte|
|知る事かよ それが運命だ||Shiru koto ka yo, sore ga sadame da|
|酷く脆くちゃちな物語（日々）は正銘だろう||Hidoku moroku chachi na hibi wa shoumei darou|
|なんて馬鹿な生命は||Nante baka na seimei wa|
|何度でも抗って||Nando demo aragatte|
|同じ話（日々）へ 逆流（戻り）始める||Onaji hibi e modorihajimeru|
|無謀に 不様に||Mubou ni buzama ni|
|泣いて 哭いて 啼いて 綯いて||Naite naite naite naite|
|ああ 不様な生命よ||Aa, buzama na seimei yo|
|「なんで？」だのと言う前に||"Nande?" da no to iu mae ni|
|求めすぎた 罪に傅け||Motomesugita tsumi ni kashizuke|
|虚ろな奇跡が弾けて崩れて||Utsuro na kiseki ga hajiketekuzurete|
|「もう なんだか良いや」って||"Mou nandaka ii ya" tte|
|何度もただ泣いたって||Nando mo tada naitatte|
|終わりすらも直に薄れる||Owari sura mo jiki ni usureru|
|次の次の次に来る||Tsugi no tsugi no tsugi ni kuru |
|次の次の日を||Tsugi no tsugi no hi o|
|次の次の次も嘲笑しよう||Tsugi no tsugi no tsugi mo choushou shiyou|
Living a life in slight misery
The dead are knocking on the door, aren't they?
The small master cannot watch indifferently
It's an unpleasant story
Throats and bodies that split open and widen
In order to melt a dead heart
Leisurely swallowing up life
I gouge out eyes
Hey, you prayed too, right?
Whenever you glared at me
That kind of tragic spirit is
Something I really love
Welcome to the interior of my womb
The endpoint of love and ego
You will soon be reborn as well
It's wonderful to be like a monster, right?
Saying things like "Ahh, God, why?"
"I'm sick of this already!" you cried
Just accept it, this is fate
So next, next, next, let’s work hard for the master
Legends, life, and even people’s fate
And inadvertently falling in love, too
Quietly, the snake laughs out
“Such stupid things.”
Ah, how difficult, what a challenge, I can’t stand it
What licks at a dull heart is
Trimming away at a small life
Embedding in those eyes
Ahh, it dwells in you, right?
The "power of meeting eyes"
You are this tragedy's queen
Enjoy it, this life of yours!
Weaving together love and egoism
Those wavering days are beginning to break as well
Matching pace and heading to the “first tragedy”
“Give it back!” You lamented,
"I’m sick of it already!" You wept
You knew it, right? That's fate
That terribly petty and fragile story
Is the real thing, isn't it?
No matter how many times you deny it
This foolish life you're living
Begins to return to those same days
Cry, sob, wail, and become intertwined.
Ahh, it’s an unsightly life
Before you ask “Why?”
You asked for too much and now serve to sin
Hollow miracles will break open and collapse
Saying “It’s enough already!”
No matter how many times you just cry
Even the end will quickly fade away
And the next, next time it comes
The next, next day
And the next, next next one after that too,
Let’s ridicule it!