Lost Time Memory
|Music and lyrics||Jin (Shizen no Teki-P)|
|Illustrations and Movie||Sidu|
Snake of Retaining Eyes
Snake of Clearing Eyes
|Uploaded||March 29, 2013|
|NND Link||Niconico Broadcast|
|YT Link||YouTube Broadcast|
|“||A story of repeating regret||”|
—Jin's Song Introduction
- Losstime Memory features the Shintaro of two different story routes; One who is able to accept that Ayano has died, and one who is unable to, who is shown during scenes of Route XX.
- The PV starts off with Ayano and Shintaro walking down a bridge and him telling her to leave him alone. Ayano, however, refuses to leave his side, so he calls her annoying, then walks ahead of her.
- Following, Shintaro is seen in his room, the time and date being August 15, 12:33. He decides to go outside, bringing Ene along with him. Wishing to die already, he clutches his wrist, and steps in front of a door with the numbers 107 on it. The door is opened and in front of him the other members of the Mekakushi Dan appear. He greets all of them, shortly after hearing Ayano's voice, which suggests to "play" once more.
- The events of Route XX begin with Ene stating she is worried. Shintaro starts to wander all about his room and finally drifts to sleep. He dreams about Ayano and him in their middle school years, until he hears Ene's voice asking if that means he cannot even see tomorrow. Promptly, he opens his eyes and turns to strangle Ene, who disappears from his grip, seemingly having died. Shintaro suffers a nervous breakdown and takes out a pair of scissors.
- Another scene from Route XX begins to play, proceeding from when the Snake of Clearing Eyes takes over the body of Konoha, therefore turning into 'Black Konoha', in order to kill the Mekakushi Dan and repeat the tragedy they are part of.
- Route XX Shintaro sits on his bed and stabs himself with the red scissors, while in the parallel scene, Black Konoha attempts to shoot himself with a gun. However, Shintaro takes the shot, causing himself to die differently in both scenes.
- The next scene shows Route XX Shintaro and the other Shintaro lying on the ground, surrounded by white nothingness. Route XX Shintaro sits down, with Azami looking down at him, until the other Shintaro walks past her, much to the medusa's surprise. Route XX Shintaro and him appear to be in an empty classroom, back to back. Ayano stands in front of Route XX Shintaro and apologizes for dying, whereupon she asks if they should say their farewells to each other. Shintaro runs after her, begging her to stay, again expressing that the Shintaro of this route has not yet accepted her death. The other Shintaro walks forward and smiles at a surprised Ayano, who smiles back at him. She then wraps her scarf around her friend, whose eyes turn red, proving he has accepted Ayano and gained an eye ability.
- At the end, Route XX Shintaro is seen lying down on his bed, the date and time being August 15, 12:32. This is actually Shintaro waking up in a new route at the end of Manga Route 2.
Lyrics & Translation
|数年経っても 影は消えない ||Sū-nen tatte mo kage wa kienai|
|感情ばかりが 募って行く ||Kanjō bakari ga tsunotte iku|
|踞（うずくま）って 一人 描（えが）いていた||Uzukumatte hitori egaite ita|
|炎天直下 坂道の上 ||Enten chokka sakamichi no ue|
|滲（にじ）んだ 僕らが 歩いていた ||Nijinda bokura ga aruite ita|
|夏の温度が目に残っていた||Natsu no ondo ga me ni nokotte ita|
|「構わないでよ、」 ||"Kamawanaide yo,"|
|「何処（どこ）かへ行ってくれ」 ||"Doko ka e itte kure"|
|君の手を払った||Kimi no te o haratta|
|「行かないよ」 ||"Ikanai yo"|
|なんて言って 君は ||Nante itte kimi wa|
|僕の手を掴んだ||Boku no te o tsukanda|
|「五月蠅（うるさ）いな」 ||"Urusai na"|
|僕は ちょっとの先を ||Boku wa chotto no saki o|
|振り返ずに 歩いた||Furikaezu ni aruita|
|『本当の心は？』||"Hontō no kokoro wa?"|
|「聡明（そうめい）」なんかじゃ 前は向けない||"Sōmei nanka ja mae wa mukenai"|
|理由が無いから 腐って行く ||Riyū ga nai kara kusatte iku|
|巻き戻って くれれば良いのにな||Makimodotte kurereba ii no ni na|
|何年経っても 僕は死なない ||Nan-nen tatte mo boku wa shinanai|
|希望論ばっかりを 唱えている ||Kibō-ron bakkari o tonaete iru|
|当然今日も君は居ないのにさ||Tōzen kyō mo kimi wa inai no ni sa|
|「構わない、死ねよ、死ねよ」って 手首を ||"Kamawanai, shine yo, shine yo" tte tekubi o|
|握って、ただ呪って||Nigitte, tada norotte|
|何も出来ないでただ、のうのうと ||Nani mo dekinai de tada, nōnō to|
|人生を貪った||Jinsei o musabotta|
|「夏が夢を見せるのなら、君を ||"Natsu ga yume o miseru no nara, kimi o|
|連れ去る前へ」 なんて||Tsuresaru mae e" nante|
|照れ隠しした日々が 空気を照らして ||Terekakushi shita hibi ga kūki o terashite|
|脳裏を焦がしていく||Nōri o kogashite iku|
|18歳になった少年 ||Juuhassai ni natta shōnen|
|また何処かで待っていたんだ ||Mata dokoka de matte itanda|
|カゲボウシ 滲む 姿を ||Kageboushi nijimu sugata o|
|炎天下に澄んだ校庭 ||Entenka ni sunda kōtei|
|笑っていた君が今日も ||Waratte ita kimi ga kyō mo|
|「遊ぼうよ」って言って ||"Asobō yo" tte itte|
|ユラユラ 揺れた||Yurayura yureta|
|「心配です」と 不器用な顔 ||"Shinpai desu" to bukiyō na kao|
|隣人なんかには 解んないさ ||Rinjin nanka ni wa wakan'nai sa|
|悲しそうな フリをしないでくれ||Kanashi-sō na furi o shinaide kure|
|朦朧（もうろう）、今日も不自然でいよう ||Mōrō, kyō mo fushizen de iyou|
|昨日のペースを守っていよう||Kinō no pēsu o mamotte iyou|
|君の温度を忘れない様に||Kimi no ondo o wasurenai yō ni|
|叶わない 夢を願うのならいっそ ||Kanawanai yume o negau no nara isso|
|掠（かす）れた 過去を抱いて ||Kasureta kako o daite|
|覚めない 夢を見よう||Samenai yume o miyou|
|当然の様に 閉じ篭（こも）って ||Tōzen no yō ni toji komotte|
|「それじゃあ、明日（あす）も見えないままですよ？」 ||"Sore jā, asu mo mienai mama desu yo?"|
|それならそれで 良いさ||Sorenara sore de ii sa|
|つまらない日々を 殺す様に手を染め ||Tsumaranai hibi o korosu yō ni te o some|
|『一人』を選ぶから||"Hitori" o erabu kara|
|18歳、腐った少年 ||Juuhassai, kusatta shōnen|
|また今日も祈ってたんだ ||Mata kyō mo inottetanda|
|色めいた 君の笑顔に ||Iromeita kimi no egao ni|
|炎天下に「どうかいっそ 連れてってくれよ」なんて ||Entenka ni "dō ka isso tsuretette kure yo" nante|
|呟いて息を静かに止めた||Tsubuyaite iki o shizuka ni tometa|
|「聞こえていますか」と 声が消えた ||"Kikoete imasu ka" to koe ga kieta|
|理由もなんだか 解っていた ||Riyū mo nandaka wakatte ita|
|夏の温度に 手を伸ばしていた||Natsu no ondo ni te o nobashite ita|
|炎天下、願った少年 ||Entenka, negatta shōnen|
|「あの頃」に立っていたんだ ||"Ano koro" ni tatte itanda|
|夏めく君の 笑顔は ||Natsumeku kimi no egao wa|
|「死んじゃった。ごめんね」 なんて ||"Shin jatta. Gomen ne" nante|
|「『サヨウナラ』しようか」 なんて ||"Sayōnara shiyou ka" nante|
|寂しいこと言わないで 往かないで ||Sabishī koto iwanaide ikanaide|
|カゲボウシが そんな僕を||Kageboushi ga son'na boku o|
Even after years, the shadow doesn't fade;
It only invites more emotions
I crouched, and I drew alone
Under a blazing sun, on a hilly road,
We walked, blurry figures,
The summer heat was left in my eyes
"Don't mind me,"
"Just go off somewhere,"
And I brushed your hand away
"I won't go,"
You said to me,
And grabbed mine back
"You're so annoying!"
I walked a little bit ahead,
Without looking back
"What's your real heart?"
With things like "wisdom", I can't look forward;
There's no reason, so I keep rotting
If only things could be wound back
As many years pass, I won't die,
Always proclaiming hopeful ideas,
Even though naturally, you’re still not here
Saying "I don't care, go die, go die,"
I grab my wrist and curse
I can’t do anything, so I just casually
Indulge in life
"If the summer can show us dreams,
Let's go to before you were taken away"
The days I hid out of shame light up the air,
Scorching my mind
A boy at the age of 18
Waited somewhere again
It's a blurry silhouette, but
He remembers the shape
On a campus clear under a blazing sun,
You were smiling again
Again you said "let's play"
And gently swayed
"I'm worried," says an awkward face
Some neighbor wouldn't understand;
Stop pretending to be so sad
Let's keep living faint and unnaturally today,
Let's keep to yesterday’s pace,
So I won’t forget your warmth
If I'm wishing for a dream that can't come true,
Then I'll just embrace the hurt past,
And have a dream I won't wake up from
As if naturally, I secluded myself
"So you can't even see tomorrow, then?"
I'm perfectly fine with that
I stain my hands to kill off the boring days,
Because I chose to be "alone"
A rotten, 18-year-old youth
Was praying another day
Your colorful smile still
Clings to him
To the blazing sun I muttered, "Just take me with you, somehow";
And my breath quietly stopped
The voice of "Can you hear me?" vanished,
And I somehow understood the reason
I reached out to the summer warmth
Under the blazing sun, a youth
Had wished to stand in the "then"
Your summery smile still
"I died. I'm sorry," you say;
"Shall I say “goodbye?", you say;
Don't say such lonely things, don't go away
The silhouettes stood by,
And they watched me