| Kagerou Project|
|Genre||Comedy, Drama, Psychological, Romance, Sci-fi, Slice Of Life, Tragedy|
|Writer||Jin (Shizen no Teki-P)|
Kagerou Daze -in a day's-
Kagerou Project (カゲロウプロジェクト Kagerō Purojekuto) is a Japanese mixed-media project by Vocaloid music producer Jin (Shizen no Teki-P), featuring artists Sidu and Wannyanpoo. The series tells the story of the Mekakushi Dan, a group of teenagers with unusual powers called "Eye Abilities", and their struggle through numerous time loops. The story is set in Kashiwa City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan.
Most songs were initially sung by the Vocaloid IA, while a few were sung by the Vocaloid Hatsune Miku , however, the third and most recent album, Mekakucity Reload, only features Miku. The project started on February 17, 2011 when the first song, Jinzou Enemy, was uploaded to Nico Nico Douga, and Jin stated in a 2016 interview that "Kagerou Project Will Never End". The story features several different routes which are told through media such as the aforementioned songs, a light novel and manga series both titled Kagerou Daze (カゲロウデイズ Kagerō Deizu), and several anime.
A sequel to the main Kagerou Project story set 3 years later was announced on June 8, 2019 tentatively titled Kagerou Daze "No.9".
- Main Article: Songs
- There have been seventeen songs uploaded to the Japanese video sharing site Nico Nico Douga. While four songs are included exclusively on the Mekakucity Days album, three exclusives are included on Mekakucity Records, the single Children Record includes one more exclusive song together with instrumentals, and seven currently without MVs on Mekakucity Reload. All songs were written by Jin (Shizen no Teki-P) and all together create the Music Route of the story, and is followed by the Manga, Novel, and Mekakucity Actors Routes. While some songs are missing them still, most songs feature PVs drawn by Sidu and Wannyanpu, the two illustrators of Jin's team. An exception is Summertime Record, which was drawn by the artist Peco and directed by Sidu.
- Main Article: Kagerou Daze
- The Manga Route of Kagerou Daze (カゲロウデイズ Kagerō Deizu) was published monthly in the Japanese magazine Comic Gene and from June 15, 2012 to February 15, 2019. The story is illustrated by Mahiro Satou and featured thirteen volumes. It is a sequel to the Music Route and is followed by the Novel Route. The manga is licensed by Yen Press and was released starting in 2015.
- Main Article: Kagerou Daze
- The eight-volume Kagerou Daze (カゲロウデイズ Kagerō Deizu) light novel series was published from March 30, 2012 to December 29, 2017. It is a sequel to the Manga Route and is followed by Mekakucity Actors. The novel is licensed by Yen Press under their Yen On imprint and was released from May 26, 2015 to December 18, 2018.
- Main Article: Mekakucity Actors
- Mekakucity Actors had first been announced in the Children Record booklet coming with the first single of the project. After receiving the name "Mekakucity Actors" (メカクシティアクタース Mekakushiti Akutāsu), the anime started broadcasting on the 12th of April, at midnight. During the 'Live in Mekakucity' performance on August 15, it was announced the anime would be animated by Shaft and directed by Akiyuki Shinbo . The series consists of 12 episodes. It is a sequel to the Music, Manga, and Novel Routes.
- Main Article: Kagerou Daze -in a day's-
- A short anime movie directed by Sidu that was released November 4, 2016. It was produced with MX4D presentation in mind.
- Main Article: Mekakucity Reload
- An upcoming anime project announced at the end of the SEEK at MEKAKUCITY event on August 15, 2016.
- Kagerou Project - Official Website (Japanese)
- Kagerou Project Twitter
- Edword Records - Official Website
- Edword Records - Youtube
- Edword Records - Twitter
- Edword Records - Twitter (Abandoned because Jin couldn't log back in)
- Mekakucity Actors - Official Website (Japanese)
- Mekakucity Actors - Official Website (English)
- Kagerou Daze -in a day's- - Official Website (Japanese)
- Mekakushi Dan: Watchers - Twitter
- Mekakushi Dan: Watchers - Official Website (Japanese, Deactivated)
- Jin originally wanted to name the series Mekakucity Project (メカクシティプロジェクトMekakushiti Purojekuto), but changed it due to Kagerou Daze's popularity.
- The franchise's name is often shortened to KagePro (カゲプロ Kagepuro) by fans.
- ↑ Konoha no Sekai Jijou - screen translations from music video
- ↑ Children Record Booklet - Momo's initial profile from the Children Record booklet also confirms she is with "Kashiwa Talent Agency".
- ↑ Jin's commentary for the instrumental track Kaien Panzermast states: "In Kashiwa City, Chiba Prefecture, there's a panzermast called "Yuuyake, Koyake" that plays at sunset. I really like this theme, so I made it the main theme for this time's zone."
- ↑ Kagerou Daze manga chapter 57. Additional Memory III, confirms the remaining Mekakushi Dan relocate to a new temporary hideout elsewhere in Chiba, as they escape from Clearing Eyes in the 2nd Manga Route.
- ↑ http://mekakushidan.com/category/comic/sub_comic
- ↑ http://mekakushidan.com/category/novel/sub_novel
- ↑ Yen Press Announcements
- ↑ Tower Records Twitter
- ↑ https://twitter.com/jin_jin_suruyo/status/1058611039472734208