|Kagerou Daze Official Anthology Comic|
|Rōmaji||Kagerō Deizu Kōshiki Ansorojī Komikku -SPRING-|
|English||Kagerou Daze Official Anthology Comic -SPRING-|
|Release Date||March 28, 2014|
Kagerou Daze Official Anthology Comic -SPRING- (カゲロウデイズ公式アンソロジーコミック-SPRING- Kagerō Deizu Kōshiki Ansorojī Komikku -SPRING-) is the fifth official manga anthology of the Kagerou Project series. It contains a number of short comics with a spring theme. The cover art is done by ---.
- 1 Summaries
- 1.1 The Hairy Thing That Lurks Underneath by Youko Toudzuki
- 1.2 Liar's Day by Strike Tanaka
- 1.3 Spring Searching Day by Minaduki
- 1.4 Flower-viewing Recital by Souta Muranaka
- 1.5 Spring Illness by Yamanishi
- 1.6 For Another Year by U-temo
- 1.7 Mekakushi Dan's Home Doll Festival by Shikihito Ayane
- 1.8 The Secret Life of the Mekakushi Dan[note 1] by Uoji Sada
- 1.9 Let's Go To The Strawberry Harvest! by Ruia Shimakage
- 1.10 The Great White Day ☆ Strategy by Itokichi
- 1.11 Not here! Tsubomi-chan with Soft Mekakushi Dan by Ryuusee
- 1.12 Genderswap? by Wannyanpoo
- 1.13 In Spring One Sleeps A Sleep That Something Something by Satou Mahiro
- 2 Gallery
- 3 References
The Hairy Thing That Lurks Underneath by Youko Toudzuki
- Momo shows Seto and Marry a patch of blooming dandelions, with Seto saying that they have been growing due to the weather getting warmer. Marry questions a small earth pile next to them, and Momo explains that it is the remains of a mole's path. Curious, the gorgon asks what a mole is. When she asks what they look like, Momo tells her that some people compare them to sweet potatoes, that they have short legs in the front and back very long claws and are very hairy. Frightened, Marry concludes that they must be scary looking. However, when Momo mentions that they have cute eyes, she gets a bit more comfortable at the thought of meeting them.
- Her friends inform her that she is unlikely to meet a mole, as they only come out at night, and that the only real chance to see one is whack-a-mole. Marry misunderstands, thinking people are whacking moles with actual hammers. Further explaining the game, without mentioning it is a game, Momo tells the girl about their speed and number increasing. Finally, Momo claims that they cannot be smashed, since they are robots. Marry thinks about what would happen if she met them, and how she could use her power against them, but she soon realizes she would have no chance against such monsters. In an attempt to cheer her back up, Momo offers to go play whack-a-mole together soon, to which Marry reacts with a vow to not return to the base until she has figured out the perfect strategy. Momo remains confused about her taking a game that seriously.
Liar's Day by Strike Tanaka
- It is April Fool's day and Shintaro worries Kano will take advantage of it. However, as the members of the Mekakushi Dan believe everything Kano says on that holiday is a lie, Shintaro believes that there is no way Kano will trick anybody.
- Marry announces that she will tell a lie, then adds that she found a job. Seto congratulates her, even if she spoiled the lie beforehand, and suggests to get cake. Marry apologizes to him for lying, but claims she would still like to get some cake. Konoha sits nearby, fantasizing about delicious cake.
- Kido tells Kano that harmless and funny lies are not that bad. He agrees, then proceeds to tell Kido a lie that Shintaro stole her pudding from the fridge. Upon hearing, Kido angrily approaches Shintaro, who yells that this is nowhere the harmless type of lie.
Spring Searching Day by Minaduki
- The Mekakushi Dan are out on a picnic. Kano suggests to play the "King Game", but since it would be too difficult to adjust the rules, they change it to Spring Searching Game instead. Everyone draws sticks to determine who the King will be. Seto is crowned King, so he orders Konoha to gather some bugs. He runs off to gather them with a cage and returns after 10 minutes. However, Marry and Kido are scared of the bugs and scream.
- The next order as the king goes to Momo, who orders Shintaro to wear a "red minnow-chan headdress (spring version)", which she brought to the picnic.
- Afterwards, Kano takes a turn as the king and orders Marry and Kido to swap clothes. Kido is displeased at the thought of wearing Marry's clothes. Marry is hurt, asking if her clothes are really that weird, resulting in Kido correcting herself, saying they are too pretty. The boys take photos of the two upon changing, enraging Kido. Inspired by that, Konoha suggests they take a group photo.
Flower-viewing Recital by Souta Muranaka
- The Mekakushi Dan go to view cherry blossoms. Shintaro is worried about how they would find an empty spot to rest. Kido then explains the roles of the members of the Mekakushi Dan, telling him that Kano was in charge of finding and keeping an empty spot for them, while Konoha and himself were in charge of the luggage, and Momo and herself were in charge of the obentou, and so on.
- Upon walking to the cherry blossoms, Shintaro and Ene spot a "scary person from the street", and Ene tells him to run away. The "scary person" turns out to be Kano, who assumed that form as it helped keep people away from the empty spot. While Kano and Ene laugh about Shintaro's reaction to Kano's previous illusion, the rest of the members unpack the food that Momo and Kido brought. The Dan members then realise that Momo has brought rice, red bean paste and cherry leaves. Momo explains that she wanted to make mochi out of the ingredients, but is disappointed when Shintaro tells her that that would not be possible as she had brought normal rice and not glutinous rice. When Kido unpacks the curry she made, Momo mixes the curry with the red bean paste, much to the disgust of Shintaro. The Dan members try her mixture of the two foods, but quickly feel sick as the two flavours clash.
- Seto arrives from his part-time job, but disappoints the Dan members as he has brought naan and not tea. While the rest of the members talk, Konoha and Hibiya sit quietly and think about how they enjoyed viewing the cherry blossoms.
Spring Illness by Yamanishi
- Marry runs into the Mekakushi Dan hideout, crying. She informs the worried members that Seto was 'terribly sick'. However, when Seto enters the room, it turns out that he instead had hay fever, and that Marry did not understand even though he explained it to her. Konoha, hearing Seto's words, asks what hay fever is. Shintaro explains, and says that Seto's allergy was most likely caused by cedar trees.
- After hearing Shintaro's explanation, Momo and Konoha quickly resolve to kick down the cedar trees in the area, but are disappointed when Shintaro explains that that would cause more pollen to be released into the air.
- When Kido starts coughing, the Dan members realise that she too is allergic to pollen. When Seto thinks about how he got infected, he realises that when he went out with Marry earlier, he had leaned on a cedar tree. Marry feels guilty, but Seto tells her not to, and as they quarrel light-heartedly, Ene and Shintaro become jealous.
For Another Year by U-temo
- Takane starts a new semester at school. She is annoyed at how noisy her schoolmates are already so early in the morning. She thinks about how getting assigned to new classes does not affect her, since she shares a class only with Haruka. When the latter is late to class, she briefly gets worried he was assigned to a different class after all, yet dismisses the thought. Having passed out, Takane dreams that Haruka and she are no longer in a special class and that he abandons her to be with other friends, only to be woken up by Haruka in reality. He reveals he was late because he was picking up cherry blossom petals outside. The two rejoice in being part of the same class for another year, and Kenjirou enters the room.
Mekakushi Dan's Home Doll Festival by Shikihito Ayane
- Momo and Marry are playing with a couple of dolls. Seto enters the room, noting that they seem to have fun. Marry explains that it is Girls' Day and that it is her first time, so Momo is helping her prepare. Kano shows up, suggesting how it would be like if they took on the roles of the dolls. Excitedly, Marry expresses her wish to be the empress. Given this, Kano assigns the role of the emperor to Seto, who becomes flustered. Kido, Momo and Ene are assigned the roles of court ladies, while Shintaro, Hibiya and Konoha become band members. Due to lacking one member for the band, Kenjirou offers to join. Since they cannot come to an agreement on who plays which instrument, the plan eventually falls apart.
The Secret Life of the Mekakushi Dan[note 1] by Uoji Sada
- The Mekakushi Dan is at the hideout. Shintaro complains about being tired, with Momo scolding him for staying up all night. Shintaro defends himself, saying that he is tired because they stood in line for hours to get a dollhouse for Marry.
- Meanwhile, Marry notices a presence near her, but quickly dismisses it as her imagination. However, the presence she felt was actually that a group of smaller Mekakushi Dan members with animal ears who are hiding from the bigger versions of themselves. Bunny-ear Kido hisses that they were almost discovered by humans. They reside in a box on a shelf, but as spring is the time of moving, they need to find a new home soon. They have three rules: Never be seen by humans, borrow only the necessities, and being cautious around animals/pets.
- They spot Konoha sleeping on the couch, who awakes and almost notices them. Bear-ear Momo throws something at her brother so that the others would come over to a spot she and the remaining tiny Dan members found. All they need to do is decide on a hideout. Their choice falls on Marry's newly acquired dollhouse. Later on, Marry notices them inside, wondering if the dolls had been inclusive.
Let's Go To The Strawberry Harvest! by Ruia Shimakage
- The Mekakushi Dan go to the strawberry harvest. When they get there, Ene proposes a "strawberry harvesting battle", where the members will be split up in teams of two and three to compete for picking the most strawberries. The winning team will get to eat all the strawberries they want, but the losing team will have to remove all the stems of the strawberries. The teams selected are Kido and Kano, Marry and Seto, and Ene, Shintaro and Momo.
- In the beginning, Seto picks strawberries the fastest. However, when Momo and Shintaro move Marry to him, he instead focuses on entertaining her. Momo tries to use her 'Drawing Eyes' ability to divert Kano and Kido's attentions, but this does not work as they pull their hoods down. Seeing that, Momo and Shintaro resort to just picking strawberries in order to surpass them. In a short time, they have collected more strawberries, due to Shintaro concentrating just as hard as he does when playing an online game. Seeing that, Kido distracts them by suddenly appearing in front of them, while Kano secretly replaces their own half-filled strawberry boxes with Momo and Shintaro's full ones. However, Ene quickly analyzes the strawberry fields to see the lanes where Shintaro and Momo could pick the most strawberries. This proves useful, and their team wins.
- In the end, Shintaro gets sick of eating strawberries and Momo bakes a strange strawberry dish, and only by sharing it with Hibiya, Hiyori and Konoha did they manage to finish up all the strawberries.
The Great White Day ☆ Strategy by Itokichi
- It is White Day, and Shintaro is wondering how to give the chocolates he bought from a convenience store to the female Mekakushi Dan members who gave him chocolates on Valentine's Day. He notes that it is especially hard for him as he has no courage in handing out gifts. Coincidentally, he bumps into Seto while waiting outside the Mekakushi Dan hideout to meet the girls and give them gifts. He realises that Seto also is giving out gifts to the girls for White Day, and decides to secretly follow him in hopes of getting a strategy to give the chocolates out.
- First up for Seto to give chocolates to is Kido, and he approaches her as she is trying to get closer to a cat, which, unfortunately, was behaving with hostility towards her. Seto, seeing that, holds up the cat, which obliges, gently for her to hold while he sleekly puts chocolates in her hoodie pocket. Right after meeting with Kido, he heads to the park, where Hiyori is playing on a swing. He leans over the rails of the swing from behind, holding the chocolates down for Hiyori, who happily accepts the chocolate. Shortly afterwards, he finds Momo, and, complimenting her outfit, gives her a chocolate which resembles it. At the end, he heads back to the hideout, where he finds Marry, who was sleeping. He lets Marry rest on his lap when she wakes up, and reties her hair ribbons while giving her the chocolates.
- Shintaro, who was watching him, is dismayed as it would be impossible for him to give gifts as smoothly as Seto, and gives up, eating the chocolates which he bought. When Seto notices, he tells Shintaro that he does not need to be afraid of giving the chocolates as the feelings which he gave them with are all that matters. Touched, Shintaro gives his chocolates to Seto, who becomes confused, and the girls look on with disgust.
Not here! Tsubomi-chan with Soft Mekakushi Dan by Ryuusee
Note: This chapter is based on short comic strips depicting a smaller, fictional Mekakushi Dan.
- Kido floats on a leaf and lies to herself that she is the leader of the "Glorious Spring Sunlight Dan", then uses her eye ability to disappear out of disinterest. Shintaro is in his room and states that he got caught up in false billing, while Kido bounces on his bed and moves into his computer digitally like Ene. Kido reads a book and sings a song. Kido perches on a high corner of a room in the Dan hideout while Kano sings, oblivious to her watching him. Kido replaces Momo as a singing idol when she quits. Kido grabs onto Seto's back while he is doing push-ups, and she falls off. Kido falls asleep and drools from her mouth. Hibiya attempts to make a Hiyori-voiced vocaloid while Kido tells him that that is a sinful thing to do. Kido and Marry discuss their favourite drinks, with Kido stating jokingly at the end that she enjoys drinking 'the blood of virgins', scaring Marry. Shintaro sings in his room and Kido disappears into his computer again when Shintaro gets flustered. Kido replaces Momo when she is doing a "Gourmet Report" as an idol job. Konoha gets caught between "Page 1" and "Page 2" of the drawing, and Kido encourages him. Ene invades a calculator. Shintaro cannot recall Momo's face, so he looks through a peephole only to see a strange being with a peach for a head. Seto brings home a dog that can beg. Kido and Marry compete with each other in a staring contest, and Kido scares her by appearing behind her immediately. Kido dances on a traffic light. At the end, Kido notes that the Mekakushi Dan isn't usually "like this", breaking the fourth wall.
Genderswap? by Wannyanpoo
- Kano announces that April 4th is Genderswap Day. Kido immediately deems that a stupid idea and misuse of his powers. She tells him to change back before Momo sees him like that, given that she would be thrilled to play along. However, she is dismayed to find out that Momo had already previously agreed to the genderswaps. Leaving the room momentarily, Momo goes to find her more n=boyish idol outfits to dress up as a boy.
- While Momo begins to plan costumes, Kano and Kido wonder how Seto would look like as a girl, agreeing that it would have suited him better as a child. Seto casually disagrees with the genderswaps. To make Marry look more 'male', Seto attempts to glue her hair into a ball, which turns out to be more of a dangerous weapon that falls on top of Shintaro. Hibiya is then dressed up as a girl. The gang notices how calm he is doing that, so he recalls that this is not the first time doing that. After that, since Kido typically dresses masculine, Kano suggests she wears a skirt to balance it out. To his disappointment, Kido just puts the skirt over her pants.
- Momo re-enters the room, wearing a suit and proud of her 'host-like' look. Kido and Marry both scream that she must hide her chest if she is going to pass as a boy while Shintaro lies on the ground bleeding, with Ene asking if he is still alive.
In Spring One Sleeps A Sleep That Something Something by Satou Mahiro
- The Mekakushi Dan go on an outing. As the Mekakushi Dan members set up camp, Shintaro falls asleep and wishes that he has an eye power, not knowing that he had one already. As a result, he sees "God" in his dreams, answering his wish- but the "God" looks uncannily like Ene. She informs him that, however, even though he wanted a power related to eyes, the power hw would get was random. He ends up getting "Enemy Eyes" after trying his luck once, and wakes up. However, it seems as if it was not actually a dream, and it results in the Dan members not giving him a bento. He falls asleep again, despairing, and asks "God" to grant him another power.
- He ends up getting the power "Oil flowing from the eyes", and as oil flows from his eyes, he asks "God" to give him another try. She complies, but warns him it would be his last chance. The power he gets is "Become an ant". He arrives back in the real world, where Momo is looking for him, and accidentally gets stepped on by her.