|Height||155 cm (5'1")|
|Weight||43 kg (94 lbs)|
16[note 1] (Physically due to Kagerou Daze)
|Occupation||Founder of the Mekakushi Dan|
Mekakushi Dan Member No.0
Alive (Mekakucity Actors)
Deceased / Inside the Kagerou Daze (Music Route, Novel Route)
Becomes Snake of Retaining Eyes (Manga Route)
|Relatives||Kenjirou Tateyama (Father) |
Ayaka Tateyama (Mother)
Hiyori Asahina (Aunt)
Shuuya Kano (Foster Brother)
Tsubomi Kido (Foster Sister)
Kousuke Seto (Foster Brother)
|Novel||Kagerou Daze -in a daze-, Kagerou Daze III|
|Anime||Act 04: Kagerou Daze|
|“||There are times you want to tell someone something, but you wind up being too late. That's not gonna happen if you do it right now. So try to drum up a little courage, okay?||”|
—Ayano to Takane, Kagerou Daze II -a headphone actor-, Yuukei Yesterday III
She is the original founder of the Mekakushi Dan as Member No. 0 and is the older foster sister of Kido, Seto and Kano. Two years before the present plot, she jumped off her school's rooftop and entered the Kagerou Daze, where she gained the Snake of Favoring Eyes. She did this in an attempt to stop the Snake of Clearing Eyes from killing her friends and family with its plan to bring all of Azami's snakes to the real world and form a new Medusa.
- Ayano is a girl with long brown hair, with two red clips attached to her left fringe. Her eyes are dark brown, though they sometimes appear grey or black. She is usually seen wearing a long red scarf with both ends draped behind her back. While in middle school and when in the Kagerou Daze, she wears her middle school's black sailor fuku uniform with a white ribbon at its collar, black knee high socks and brown school loafers.
- In high school, her uniform consists of a white button-up shirt, a pink plaid skirt, black knee high socks, and brown school loafers. In the winter, she wears a yellow blazer along with her uniform, while in the summer she wears a bow underneath her shirt's collar.
- At the end of Mekakucity Actors, she is seen wearing a white dress that has a red trim around the collar and a red bow above the chest and without her scarf.
- She was a cheerful girl who was Shintaro's classmate during middle and high school. Although always staying at Shintaro's side, she did not believe in her abilities to put him out of his apathy. She often got rather low grades ever since middle school, as she was seen with only a 56 as a test score once and had to attend supplementary summer classes in her first year of high school. She also states that she forgets things in class a few minutes after learning them, but it is shown that she can do well if she tries her hardest. Even though she called herself stupid, she was always smiling and seemed to be having fun. She occasionally punished Kano and Seto when they are misbehaved, including pranking.
- Ayano cares deeply for her family and friends and wants nothing more than for them to be happy, even if everyone couldn't be together. She treated Kido, Kano and Seto equally and always played with them when they were younger. Her sacrifice was the ultimate price she paid for her remaining family and friends to be happy; even though she wanted to have her mother back, she refused to see anyone hurt or dead because of it.
- Favoring Eyes (目をかける Me wo Kakeru): Ayano's eye ability allows her to project her and possibly others' thoughts and memories to other people, which she refers to as "the power of caring".
- Her favorite character is Noriaki Kakyoin from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
- She tended to fold little paper cranes out of Shintaro's tests to cheer him up. Paper cranes stand for happiness and a long life, although whether Ayano knew of this symbolism is unknown.
- In the Children Record Booklet it is stated that Ayano has black hair. However, she has never been shown with black, but instead always dark brown hair.
- She used to wear her hair clips in a cross shape when she was younger, then wore them parallel as she got older. The way her hair clips are placed may be to resemble her mother Ayaka.
- The hoodies she gave to Kano, Kido, and Seto when they were little were to help keep their eye powers from showing.
- Her game username is shown to be Ayayyy in the 2019 gamer merchandise.
- "No, I'm no good for him. He needs someone that's even more selfish than him, someone energetic to pull him along... All I do is just follow behind him all the time. I can't do anything..." - Ayano about Shintaro (Kagerou Daze II -a headphone actor-, Yuukei Yesterday III)
- "Ehehe. I’m stupid, you know. So it can't be helped." - (Children Record Booklet)
- "I hope everyone was introduced properly. Um, Mekakucity Actors is starting soon. We'll all do our best, so I'd be happy for your support. That was nerve-wracking...." - (Mekakucity Actors Commercial)
- "His grades in stuff like P.E. are terrible, though. And he loves stuff like music, though you wouldn't guess it. He likes shoujo manga, too. In spite of all the stuff he says, he has a loveable side." - To Takane about Shintaro (Kagerou Daze II -a headphone actor-, Yuukei Yesterday III)